Not a Facebook user? Email us on email@example.com
One of big problems we’re all facing right now is our planet and the way we’re using up its resources. At Z we get that we’re a part of the problem so we’re determined to be part of the solution. And here’s the thing, we need everyone’s help, so ‘We Can Do Better’ provides New Zealanders with a place to have their say and find out more about helping our planet and combating climate change. We are going to use the responses to inform the sustainability targets we are setting in 2017.
We’re not entirely sure, but around 2 months - we’ll see how it goes.
You can have your say and find out more about helping our planet and combating climate change.
Absolutely – the more responses the better! We do want different responses though – please don’t submit the same one again and again!
Yes, We Can Do Better is mobile and desktop enabled.
For those that aren’t on Facebook, you can respond by dropping us an email at WeCanDoBetter@z.co.nz.
No – if you have a general enquiry (like “how many Truck stops does Z have?”) you can call our call centre on 0800 474 355 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No – if you have feedback (like “I think the staff at Z High Street are fantastic”) you can call our call centre on 0800 474 355 or drop us an email at email@example.com
When you submit a response,
We’re looking for responses that could inform how we all help our planet and combat climate change. Specifically we’re looking for responses to the following questions:
We'd like to, but due to sheer volume it is unlikely - we'll do our best!
The site is an open forum for ideas. That said, we will not allow inappropriate conduct. Ideas or comments that are inappropriate will be removed from the page. We also want to make sure that you’re submitting your own ideas, not someone else’s. For more specifics, please read our Terms and Conditions and our Moderation Policy and our Facebook Term's of Use.
We think that lots of New Zealanders care about doing work to help our planet and combat climate change as well as providing good value to customers: we need to do both. For more general information about our pricing visit z.co.nz/motorists/fuel-pricing
1. The “We can do better” Campaign (the “Campaign”) is run by Z Energy Limited of 3 Queens Wharf, Wellington, New Zealand (“Z Energy”).
2. The Campaign begins at 12:00am 6 March 2017. The Campaign is a long term project and will run until such time as Z Energy (at its discretion) terminates the Campaign.
3. The Campaign is open to any person who has a valid Facebook account, and submits a response (“Response”) via the We can do better Facebook application (“Facebook app”).
4. Z Energy is looking for Responses that will help Z Energy, its customers and New Zealand as a whole tackle the issue of climate change. General questions about Z should be directed to our call centre (0800 474 355) or firstname.lastname@example.org, and feedback to email@example.com rather than being submitted as Responses.
5. All entrants must be New Zealand residents. Employees and agents of Z Energy, its affiliates and subsidiaries, and their immediate families, and employees of Z service stations, and their immediate families, are not eligible to participate.
6. Entrants may only submit their Response once. Entrants may however submit more than one Response where the subject matter of the Responses is materially different from each other.
7. Responses will be visible on the Facebook app and may be shared by other users of the Facebook app.
8. Responses received will be moderated in accordance with the Moderation Policy. Z Energy reserves the right to remove any Responses or comments that are not in accordance with the Moderation Policy, and/or are inappropriate, obscene or objectionable.
9. Entrants will not be remunerated for their Response, and Z Energy gives no guarantee that an entrant’s name will be displayed alongside their Response in the Facebook app.
10. Entrants consent, and waive all rights (including copyright and moral rights) to Z Energy using the entrant’s name and the entrant’s Response (or any part thereof) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration, and for use in any promotional or any other materials manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by Z Energy. Entrants give Z Energy a non-exclusive, free, worldwide licence for the use of the entrant’s Response and other information communicated to Z Energy through the Facebook app.
11. Entrants represent and warrant that, by submitting a Response, they are entitled to submit the Response in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and (as applicable):
a) they own or control all of the rights to the Response submitted;
b) they have obtained permission from the owner of the Response (or any part thereof) to submit the information;
c) they have received all necessary permissions from any person mentioned or shown in the Response to submit such information to the Facebook app; and
d) their Response does not, and will not, violate the rights of any third party.
12. Z Energy reserves the right to request proof of an entrant's eligibility if there is a doubt over their eligibility for the Campaign, and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
13. Z Energy will endeavour to consider all Responses submitted but makes no guarantee that all Responses submitted will be responded to or implemented.
14. Z Energy is not required to give reasons for decisions made during the Campaign. Z Energy’s decision on all matters is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Any personal information collected about individuals as part of the Campaign will be collected, stored and used in accordance with these terms and conditions and the Privacy Act 1993. The personal information collected from entrants of the Campaign will be:
a) First name and surname;
b) Email address;
c) Mobile number (if submitted);
e) Facebook profile picture (if applicable);
f) Any pictures submitted with the Response that identify any person; and
g) Fly Buys or Airpoints card number (if applicable).
16. An entrant’s first name, last name initial, Facebook profile pic and Response will be displayed on the Facebook app, will be visible to other users of the Facebook app, and will be able to be shared by other users of the Facebook app.
17. Contact information will be used by Z Energy only for the purposes of contacting entrants. No contact information will be transferred outside the Facebook app, unless the entrant opts in to receive communications from Z Energy (refer paragraph 20).
18. Z Energy recommends that if entrants submit Responses that include pictures that are of a person/s other than the entrant, the entrant first seeks that person’s consent.
20. Entrants may opt in when submitting their Response to the Facebook app to receive SMS messages or emails about future Z promotions, updates and offers. Terms and conditions for this Opt In service can be found here.
22. Z Energy may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign or these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason and shall not be liable to any entrant for any loss or damage incurred as a result.
23. Z Energy takes no responsibility for lost, damaged, misdirected, late or illegible entries, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for omission, interruption, deletion,
All ideas submitted to the We Can Do Better Facebook Application will be subject to the following moderation: