At Z we take personal responsibility for making health and safety a vital part of our business.
Health, Safety, Security and the Environment (HSSE) matters because it's about the safety and wellbeing of all our people and our planet while sustaining the long term future of our company.
We demonstrate that HSSE matters by:
- Having an operational risk management system that is core to our business, designed to eliminate or otherwise minimise hazards and risks, executed within a cycle of continuous improvement, and regularly benchmarked to a recognised external standard.
- Pleadging to the Zero Harm Workplaces program, and looking for underlying causes using a just culture so we can make systemic improvements.
- Holding people accountable by communicating policy, setting targets, delivering on plans and actions, measuring performance, and providing assurance that whatever we report is what really happened.
- Being clear and straight up on HSSE rules, standards and processes, and the accountability for any failure to comply.
- Choosing where we will not just comply with our legal requirements and relevant codes of practice, but make a conscious decision to lead or change the game so we deliver outcomes and results that we can be proud of.
- Sharing our expectations with our business partners for managing their HSSE risks.