20/02/2014 - Z updates
By the end of April 2014, we’ll have five brand new Z service stations around the country. There will be three in Auckland, one in Hamilton, and this month’s big opening at Porowini in Whangarei.
We also have four renovations at existing service stations which we’re planning to complete by the end of July, with two in Wellington, as well as sites in Auckland and New Plymouth.
Across these projects, we have a focus on safety, sustainability and reducing our environmental footprint. Some of the work that we’re proud of includes:
• All new stations have LED lighting throughout the shop and external canopies. We’re also installing the latest LEDs externally across our existing network of service stations.
• All new stations have high definition CCTV camera fit-outs to reduce the risk of assaults and robberies
• All new Z2O car washes have water reticulation and water conservation technology.
• At Porowini, we’re testing a rain harvesting tank on the roof to collect water for use on gardens and cleaning car windows.
• We’re dealing with New Zealand suppliers as much as possible (which we reckon is good for both the economy and the environment).
2014 current project summary
Brand new service stations
Z Porowini, Porowini Ave, Whangarei
Z Epsom, Manukau Rd, Epsom, Auckland
Z Onewa Rd, Birkenhead, Auckland
Z Oteha Valley Rd, Albany, Auckland
Z Mill St, Hamilton
Z Manly, Whangaparoa Road, Manly, Auckland
Z Merrilands, Mangorei Rd, New Plymouth
Z Kilbirnie, Coutts Street, Kilbirnie, Wellington
Z Tawa, Main Road, Tawa, Wellington
As a New Zealand company, we believe we’ve got a backyard worth looking after. This is why we’re investing $26 million in building a biodiesel plant, to... read more