17/01/2014 - Health and safety
Staying safe on the roads is always important particularly over the summer period when the amount of traffic on the road significantly increases.
We thought it might useful to remind you of some safe driving tips while you’re on the raod this summer:
• Make sure your car has an up-to-date Warrant of Fitness (WoF). Don’t forget, Z Card customers receive a 15% discount off WoF and CoFA*. Click here to find out more about this offer
• Avoid peak traffic periods when many highways become congested
• Allow plenty of time to reach your destination. Why not make the ‘journey’ part of the holiday? Don’t forget to have regular rest breaks throughout your trip.
*the VTNZ offer excludes vehicles over 3.5 tonnes.
Be aware of changes
• Certain passing lanes can be closed over the peak holiday periods to help reduce congestion around merging lanes.
• Sometimes alternative routes are suggested. Check out New Zealand Transport Association’s (NZTA) Highway Info section for any information on planned or unplanned route changes or traffic incidents.
Drive to the conditions
‘Conditions’ doesn’t just mean the weather. It also includes:
• the road you’re on
• the traffic conditions
• the speed
• your vehicle and load.
Watch out for fatigue
Long trips are tiring and fatigue can be deadly behind the wheel. Driver fatigue was a big cause of injuries and deaths on the road last year, so make sure you are well rested before you drive.
For more information and safety tips go to NZTA’s holiday driving tips.
08/12/2015 - Health and safety
We reckon it’s super important to stay focused when you’re driving. Check out this video of Joel Kiefte, one of our Customer Relationship Managers, and... read more
22/09/2015 - Health and safety
Two years after it was recommended by a government appointed Taskforce into Health and Safety in New Zealand, the government’s Health and Safety Reform Bill... read more