We want Z to represent what New Zealanders can achieve when they put their minds to the things that matter – things like putting the service into service stations, fueling New Zealand to get ahead, supporting local neighbourhoods, and rewarding our investors and bondholders for their belief in us. We reckon social media gives us a great opportunity to interact with other New Zealanders, about a wide range of topics. It’s the perfect way for us to hear your thoughts, comments, and opinions about both our service and our industry.
We operate the following social media accounts, which these guidelines apply to:
Our social media accounts are generally 'manned' during normal office hours, Monday to Friday. But we know you use our services 24hrs every day, so please feel free to post a comment whenever!
We promise to adhere to the guidelines of the social media channels that we use, and aim to reply to you in a timely fashion. If you ever feel that we are not meeting these guidelines, or that you are not satisfied with our updates or replies, please email us at email@example.com and we will do our best to resolve any issues.
In return, we ask that you also respect the guidelines of the social media channels when interacting with us, as well as a few extra guidelines specific to us.
Specifically, please be aware that ours is a family audience and many of our fans view our social media accounts in an office environment. For that reason, we run a fairly strong level of profanity filter but it will never capture everything.
As such, please refrain from posting anything that:
- is abusive, defamatory or obscene
- is spam, fraudulent, deceptive or misleading
- is in violation of another's intellectual property right or any law or regulation
- is or could be seen to be in any other way offensive, defamatory or derogatory
- reveals personal information about another user, a staff member, or a customer or partner of Z or of the brands that we represent
- solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any financial, commercial organisations
- off-topic posts by a single user
- repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users.
In 2012, the NZ Advertising Standards Authority released a guidance note on social media which says that user-generated content on a company’s Facebook page can be considered advertising. This means that companies could be liable for any comments posted on their pages that are untrue or offensive. You can access the guidance note from the Advertising Standards Authority's website (PDF).
While we encourage and welcome input from all New Zealanders, we moderate our social media accounts for comments or posts that might be seen as advertising, or that might be untrue or offensive. We reserve the right to remove any posts or comments that we think (in our discretion) could be viewed in this way.
That said, if you think we’ve missed something, or if you have any other concerns about something posted on our social media accounts, please email us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org to alert us and we will address the issue.
People that post material or share links outside of these guidelines might be blocked by automatic profanity filters or have their comments removed. Repeat offenders, or if the first offense is serious enough, may be banned or blocked from our social media accounts. If you feel that you have been banned unfairly, please contact us.
We are not responsible for the personal, political, organisational or religious beliefs of our friends, fans or followers across all social networks.
Any promotions run on our Facebook Page are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. During a promotion, any information that you provide is provided to Z, and not to Facebook. The same also applies to any promotions run on any of our other social media channels.
We ask you for your help in creating a community that is fit for all ages, both at home and in the office. We look forward to discussing loads of great topics with you!
Who are you dealing with?
We have a number of people in the Z Social Media team, and we use their initials to identify them, as per the list below:
^M Mel, Social Media & Website Manager
^P Pete, Digital Marketing Manager
^H Hannah, Corporate Comms Advisor
^M Mike, CEO
^J Julie, Brand Specialist
^R Rhys, Brand Manager
^JH Jonathan, Corporate Communications Manager
^G Georgina, Corporate Comms Advisor
^DZ David, Customer Service Team
^CZ Chris, Customer Service Team
^LZ Leanne, Customer Service Team
^TZ Tash, Customer Service Team
^JZ Johann, Customer Service Team
Our social media promotions
From time-to-time we may have items to giveaway via our social media channels. These items may be (but not limited to) merchandise, tickets to sponsored events and / or vouchers. When we do have a giveaway / prize draw like this, unless we state otherwise, the following terms and conditions apply:
Social media promotion terms and conditions
- This social media promotion (the “Promotion”) is offered by Z Energy Limited of 3 Queens Wharf, Wellington, New Zealand (the “Promoter”).
- The Promotion will be held at frequent although irregular intervals, as Z deems fit.
- The Promotion is open to New Zealand residents only and employees of the Promoter or employees of Z service stations, and their immediate families, are not eligible to participate at any time. “Immediate families” means the husband, wife, spouse, parent, siblings, and children (including step parent, sibling and children). The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of an entrant's eligibility in the event that there is a doubt over his/her eligibility for the Promotion.
- Individuals can only enter each Promotion once unless otherwise stated.
- The winners will be drawn randomly and will be notified by email or via the winner’s relevant social media profile at the closure of the Promotion. If a prize winner cannot be contacted by one of these means within 7 days then that prize will not be redrawn.
- Entrants are identified by the email address or the relevant social media user profile used to submit the entry. Any prize(s) won by drawing a winner whose entry was received by email or social media will be awarded to the holder of the email address or the relevant social media profile from which entry was submitted. The Promoter takes no responsibility for disputes arising as a result of entries submitted by entrants using an email address or social media profile belonging to any other person.
- The prizes are not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. If for any reason a prize winner does not redeem the prize or any element of the prize within the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize or that element of the prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for lost, damaged, misdirected, late or illegible entries, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access telecommunications network services, or any other error or malfunction.
- Entrants consent, and waive all rights (including copyright and moral rights), to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- Entrants acknowledge that the promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook and that Facebook has no liability to entrants in relation to the promotion. Entrants agree to fully release Facebook from any and all liability in relation to your participation in this promotion. All information entrants provide in connection with this promotion is to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
- The Promoter’s decision on all matters is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason before the end of the Promotion Period and shall not be liable to any entrant or prize winner for any loss or damage incurred as a result.
- Except for liability that may not by law be excluded, the Promoter shall not be liable under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, this Promotion and/or taking the prize for any cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by any entrant or prize winner, even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable, and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
- Information on how to enter the Promotion and the prizes forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by New Zealand law and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
- Any personal information collected about individuals as part of the Promotion will be collected, stored and used in accordance with these terms and conditions and the Privacy Act 1993. The specific personal information collected from entrants of the Promotion will be (as applicable):
- First name and surname;
- Email address;
- Location in New Zealand (region only)
- Fly Buys number;
- Mobile number;
- Social media profile details.
An entrant’s first name, last name initial and region may be displayed publicly and may be visible to other participants of the Promotion. Contact information will be used by the Promoter for the purposes of contacting winning entrants and identifying the winners of the Promotion.