Usage conditions - Z App – Carbon Count
How the Carbon Count offsetting program works
- The Carbon Count functionality within Z App provides App Holders with the ability to offset their fuel emissions (‘emissions’) for petrol or diesel (‘Fuel’) via Z App (‘Carbon Count’).
- The emissions will be depicted in Z App as carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2-e). They will be automatically calculated for those customers redeeming or purchasing their Fuel through Fastlane, Sharetank or Pumped in Z App using information already provided to Z App – fuel litres and fuel type.
- An App Holder can also manually enter emissions into Carbon Count for purchases where emissions were not calculated for any reason including purchases from Fuel retailers other than Z and pay to offset those emissions via Z App. An App Holder can offset their emissions (in full or in part) at the time of purchase, or retrospectively in bulk. Purchases through Carbon Count are not subject to GST.
- Carbon Count will store emissions information. Z will use the information collected in Carbon Count to facilitate the offset transaction, to communicate with the App Holder about Carbon Count and to analyse and improve the Carbon Count service.
- Carbon Count payments are non-refundable (unless Z is legally required to provide a refund). Nothing contained in this clause shall affect any rights the App Holder may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 if it is applicable. If the App Holder uses Carbon Count for the purposes of a business the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (New Zealand) shall not apply to the supply of such services.
- The calculation methods used in the carbon offset calculator rely on information from third parties and provide an estimate only of the CO2 emissions associated with the Fuel purchases entered in the Z App and the cost to offset such CO2 emissions The cost to offset CO2 emissions may vary according to fluctuations in the price of carbon credits. Z accepts no liability if this calculation is incorrect or does not accurately reflect either the actual CO2 emissions associated with the App Holders specified Fuel purchases or the cost to offset such CO2 emissions.
- No loyalty points are available on amounts spent in Carbon Count. Also, no general or promotional discounts apply.
- When an App Holder offsets their emissions, the App Holder agrees to be bound by these “Usage conditions – Z App – Carbon Count” terms and conditions. Z may suspend or terminate the Carbon Count service or amend these terms at any time on reasonable notice. 9. A receipt will be issued by email to the App Holder after each Carbon Count purchase within the App.
- If Z App is down, unavailable, or there are connectivity issues, the App Holder will not be able to offset their emissions at that time.